Monday, October 26, 2009

Night Light?

Well Happy Monday to everyone...Anyone?

I went out to forage/steal food from the neighbors last night and I noticed the big spotlights on the pass are either gone or have gone out. The night sky is dark once again, and it really has me curious, but worried. What does it mean that the lights are off? Does it mean they have gone, ( The Yellow Men) and whatever is wrong has passed, or does it mean the lights burned out? Maybe they just forgot to turn them on, or possibly they just don't need them anymore? I have no way of knowing at this point, but really since the events that transpired on the pass I have come to view those lights as a symbol for the larger problem that is going on. Now those lights are gone and I am left to wonder what it means or to go find out what it means. Exploration seems like a bad choice, I have been so careful to remain hidden that giving up that single measure of security would be very hard for me to do. Last time I was out snooping around I could have been shot, I was a broken bicycle chain away from a bullet to the skull. I got lucky, the two other guys on the pass were not as lucky. Perhaps it's cowardice to sit here in this basement stealing food from neighbors, but I am still alive and that clearly has its benefits.

Another thing I noticed that is almost as troubling as the lack of spotlights is the fact that I haven't heard a dog bark in a long while. I haven't heard much noise to think of really and that is upsetting. Living in a city you get use to noise, the steady stream of sounds in all volumes and varieties. The lack of dogs dawned on me when I was searching the pantry of the neighbors house(Jim). I was in their loading up on corn, Jim must have really loved his corn because he had about 20 cans of it in all shapes and sizes. Did you want it Creamed, Sweet, Unsweetened, Niblets, White Corn, baby corn, corn with no sodium, or King Korn. I do not know what King Korn is and the plain yellow label did not reveal its contents. I left the King Korn but I did take popcorn. So I will be corn fed for awhile, sorry I know that joke is Corny, yuck yuck, oh man I kill myself. Back on point; next to all the corn were cans of wet dog food, this made me think of Jim's dog. Jim has a little Pomeranian and it is what I would call a yip yip dog, due to the constant yip yip sound it constantly makes. Aaron often complained about that stupid dog, I think its name was Frank. Frank the Pomeranian, what a stupid name for a dog. Anyway Frank is just a little dog so I am sure Jim took him when he left, but would everyone take their dogs? Could they? If everyone was being rushed out with limited time and room what is the likelihood that all the dogs would be taken? I say very unlikely. This thought made me stay up and listen for dogs or coyotes or any animal. I didn't hear birds, cats, dogs, or any animals for that matter in fact the list of things I didn't hear and should have is alarmingly long.

The quiet is eerie, and now the silence has a weight I hadn't felt before. Why this should trouble me so much I haven't figured out. I guess it comes back to horror movies, when everything goes quiet someone is about to die or something terrible is about to happen. Right now I feel like I am one pair of high heel and a sprint though a dark forest away from my grave.

Well I guess it is time to figure out my next move, until then.

Tranquilnow@gmail.com
~Johnny~
Dog Days and Nights