Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ashes Ashes We All Fall Down

Thursday October 15th, 2009

I made my way up the Santa Susana Pass towards the accident site, when I got near the top of the pass I was stopped by a few police officers who were patrolling the area. I informed the officers of what happened, told them where I lived, all my personal info. They explained to me that they had evacuated the remaining citizens late Saturday evening, and I must have missed it somehow. I told them how I had climbed into Cam's motor home because it had a generator, a very loud generator, and watched a DVD. It is pretty much my fault I missed the evacuation, I had the volume on the TV way up to hear the movie, took a Tylenol PM and passed out leaving it all on. It was all a silly mistake, but its over now and I am on my way to Oregon to stay with my parents.

The Police handed me over to some paramedics, who took me to Northridge hospital to be checked out. I stayed in the hospital for two days I was dehydrated and that plume of smoke from the train crash was toxic so they wanted to make sure I didn't show any other irregular signs. While in the hospital I got a hold of my mom and she told me that she had called and called but my phone said it was disconnected. This again is another silly mistake on my part. I shut off the house line and never told my parents. I failed to give them my cell number because I didn't want them calling me while I was out. After being released from the hospital I was given a bus/train ticket to Oregon. I took a Greyhound to Bakersfield which dropped me off at the train station. The train ride would take a little over a day but it would get me to Central Point Oregon no problem. I was really nervous to be on a train after the big crash, and I admit to white knuckling it a few times when the train lurched but all in all it was fine trip.

Aaron called me last night He told me that April, his wife, had given birth a few days ago (Sunday)to his first daughter Nedda, which oddly enough means born on Sunday. When the fires started they had pretty much left in a rush, they were afraid that the smoke would hurt the baby. Shortly after they left April went into labor, which is about a four weeks early. The complications kept them in the hospital and out of contact with everyone. April and the baby are doing well but Aaron said it was scary the first few days not knowing how things would turn out. April has to stay in the hospital a few more days with the baby just to make sure everything is okay, but The prognosis is very positive. Aaron is really really really excited and after everything gets situated he wants to show the kid off to me and everyone.

I am here in Central Point now looks like I will be stuck up here a few weeks at least. It isn't terrible here but I can't wait until they get Simi Valley cleaned up so I can go home. Oh and BTW Nevele is fine he made it through too, he didn't groom himself for a few days so I thought the stress had gotten to him but after a full day in a normal house he seems as good as new.

~Johnny~
All's Well That Ends Well ....

I really wish that was the post I could give you and swear by, but it isn't true. This isn't a movie, I don't have a script writer making sure I get a happy ending, all I have is myself and this situation which is a steaming pile of shit. I don't know what to say, I don't think I can take it. Everything is so fucking wrong.

Tranquilnow@gmail.com
~Johnny~
Three Right Make a Left