Monday, September 21, 2009

The allure of sights unseen

I haven't slept much and I have questions.

What is the allure of sights unseen and travel?
This is something I have never really understood, I have never really had the desire to travel or go places I have never been. It is fair to say that I am not the adventurous type, but that isn't always a negative. I get a lot of grief from my friends about my lack of travel ambition, but I ask you what is so wrong about wanting to be close to the things you love and know. The grass isn't always greener, and vacationing is a farce. Why do people need to leave everything they have established to relax? If the home and life you have is that terrible I think maybe its time to change your life on a more permanent basis. Perhaps I am one of the lucky few that likes their life how it is? I don't need or want a break from my life I am happy with how things are I don't need a change of location to make me feel better. Here is another question, What happens when you take a bad vacation? You hear a lot about people who had an awful vacation, so what is the remedy for that? Is it another vacation, or is it going home and getting back into the routine? If the answer is being home and back to your normal life, then why was the vacation necessary in the first place?

I am just feeling bitter. Carlie being gone has soured my mood, and with my best friends getting married and moving to New York I don't have an active outlet to vent to. Sorry blog readers I have to tell someone, and that someone is you. It's bad enough to sleep poorly and wake up early, but to dwell on all of this is just sickening.

I think after work I will go to WorstBuy and grab a game for the Xbox, maybe that will take my mind off all of this. Time for work, adios.

TranquilNow@gmail.com
~Johnny~
2 For the Show